The VistA Integrated Hospital Information
System is built upon an infrastructure of services that
unite and enrich the various applications (Radiology,
Laboratory, etc.). When armed with an understanding
of the infrastructure foundations of VistA, new developers
will write better software, new support staff will provide
quicker diagnosis and current Application Coordinators
can better function as liaisons.
This three and one-half day course
provides a high level overview of the VistA Infrastructure
modules. Emphasis is placed on the roles, interactions
and the interfaces to these infrastructure modules that
form VistA's foundation.
In addition to his lively teaching techniques, Greg
uses animated Flash movies, like the ones shown below,
to illustrate key concepts. These mini-movies help students
quickly grasp the concepts and stay interested in the
course. Don't bring your pillow.
- VistA Architecture
- MUMPS Environment
- Programmer Conventions
- File Manager
- Task Manager
- Device Manager
- Menu Manager
- Security Manager
- Programmer Tools
- RPC Broker
- Health Level 7
- KIDS (software distribution)
- Diagnosing Problems
Students will have opportunities
to explore the infrastructure modules and to view VistA
programs that use them through hands-on interaction
with a VistA system.
Contact us today
to schedule this course.
Orientation - having some programming skill is a
plus. Vista Exposure - having seen and used a VistA
system. Students are encouraged to install and become
familiar with the fundamentals of the
VPE programmer environment.
binder of lessons will be provided. For virtual classes, headsets will also be provided to permit participation with the instructor and other students.
Onsite class: Three
and one-half days:
Days 1-3: 8am - 4:30pm
Day 4: 8am - noon
Virtual class: Four full days and may have slightly shifted start and end times to accomodate the spread of times zones of the students.
- Projector displaying instructor's computer on a screen.
- Paper Flip Chart
- A VistA training account, accessible from classroom PCs, where students can do exercises. This account must include recently patched Kernel, Fileman and VPE. To maximize the learning experience, it is highly recommended that VistA clinical applications also be installed in the account as a source of code examples.
- Each student should have their own PC/terminal and unique access and verify codes to the training account. Students must have access to programmer mode after logging in.
$895 per student (on-site* or virtual)
Purchase Orders, Government purchase cards and
major credit cards accepted.
Payment and Registration
* The class size minimum typically covers the instructor's travel costs, but we reserve the right to quote an additional fee for high travel cost areas, such as New York, San Francisco, etc.
student minimum. Falling short of the
minimum? Contact us
for details on hosting an on-site class that
permits others to attend to meet class size minimums. You can also set up a virtual class.
BACK TO TOP