VistA applications are primarily
composed of MUMPS programs with references to files
and various APIs, such as the File Manager (FM). Developed
over many years, these complex applications require
the effective reader to be comfortable with more than
just MUMPS. This one-week, on-site course provides the
novice or advanced MUMPS programmer with a model of
understanding. Students become enthused as they learn
to apply the model to decipher VistA application programs
and File Manager technical documentation.
In addition to his lively teaching techniques, Greg
uses animated Flash movies, like the ones shown below,
to illustrate key concepts. These mini-movies help students
quickly grasp the concepts and stay interested in the
course. Don't bring your pillow.
(click here to view the Table
- FM file storage strategies in
- Cross-reference mechanism and
its many forms, including the New Style variety
- Enhancing file behavior with features of the Data Dictionary
- Indepth coverage of the classic FM APIs: Lookup, Edit,
Print, Search, Reader, etc.
- Miscellaneous classic APIs
- Templates: standard and compiled
To increase retention of the materials,
time is reserved for hands-on activity as students build
their own FM-based application in typical VistA style.
Students are encouraged to take their assignment applications
back to their site for further experimentation.
Contact us today
to schedule this course.
|| The MUMPS for Programmers course. Students
are encouraged to install and become familiar with
the fundamentals of the
VPE programmer environment.
binder of seven lessons and exercises - 400+ pages
- will be provided.
For virtual classes, headsets will also be provided to permit participation with the instructor and other students.
||On-site class: Mon-Thu 8am - 5pm, Fri 8am - noon
Virtual class: Five full days and may have slightly shifted start and end times to accomodate the spread of times zones of the students.
- Projector displaying instructor's computer on a screen.
- Paper Flip Chart
- A VistA training account, accessible from classroom PCs, where students can do exercises. This account must include recently patched Kernel, Fileman and VPE. To maximize the learning experience, it is highly recommended that VistA clinical applications also be installed in the account as a source of code examples.
- Each student should have their own PC/terminal and unique access and verify codes to the training account. Students must have access to programmer mode after logging in.
$995 per student (on-site* or virtual)
Purchase Orders, Government purchase cards and major credit cards accepted.
Payment and Registration Policies
* The class size minimum typically covers the instructor's travel costs, but we reserve the right to quote an additional fee for high travel cost areas, such as New York, San Francisco, etc.
||Fifteen student minimum. Falling short of the minimum? Contact us for details on hosting an on-site class that permits others to attend to meet class size minimums. You can also set up a virtual class.
BACK TO TOP